When you use a particular website like any social media site, information site a lot, it consumes time to reach to that website. The process is long and first you need to open a browser, enter and search for the website, then find the original website it takes too much time. So, placing a desktop shortcut of that site or page on your computer screen will save your time and also be more convenient.
You can also add your regularly used website or webpage to your Favorites or Bookmarks. But there is an extra benefit of creating website’s shortcut on the desktop. You will remind about any important work on that website. And this is also shorter method than adding in bookmark or favorites. You can frequently visit your useful website by simply double-clicking on the website’s icon and it will directly open the site on the browser.
Various browsers are there all have the different method to create a website’s shortcut. Here is the guideline for creating in some common browsers.
How to create a shortcut of a website from Google Chrome
- Open ‘Google Chrome’ browser in your PC.
- Open the ‘Website’ of which you want to create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Click on ‘Menu’ button. It is the three vertical dots icon on the upper left corner of your browser.
- Go to ‘More tools.’
- Click on ‘Add to desktop’ or ‘Create shortcut.’
- Now, a confirming window will appear on your desktop, and here you can give a name to the shortcut. Otherwise, it will save as the site’s title name.
- Mark ‘Open as window’ to open the website in a new window, unmark for not.
- Click ‘Add’ to create a desktop shortcut of the website.
Website’s shortcut has successfully created on your screen. To open shortcut simple ‘Double-click’ on the icon or Right click on the icon then select open.
How to create a shortcut of the website from Firefox, Internet Explorer in Windows and macOS
- Open any of your web browsers, (Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer).
- Open the website in any browser of which you want to create the desktop shortcut.
- Make sure your web browser is not in full screen to create shortcut easily.
- Click on the ‘Address bar.’ This will reveal the Website’s entire address as well as the Website’s icon.
- Click and drag the Website’s icon from the address bar.
- Release the Websites icon or address on your desktop.
This will create a shortcut of that Website on your screen. To open shortcut ‘Double-click’ on the icon or Right click on the icon and then select open. You can create the shortcut for any part of any website, but the sites that require a login will still call for login when you open the shortcut.