In the world of photography, a 360-degree camera is simply a camera with the ability to record a 360-degree field of view in the horizontal plane. These cams are much needed in those situations where you have to cover a larger visual field like in panoramic photography.
Samsung’s Gear 360 is now a leading product in the 360 camera lineup. The device can record at 4k resolution and take 30-megapixel photos, but you have to use it properly to create the most impact.
Here are some tips you’ve to follow:
- Buy a better tripod – The tripod that comes with Samsung Gear 360 is a small one that is not enough if you are capturing a 360-degree image. So in this case, you have to purchase a better full height tripod for the device.
- Try to distance yourself from any object – The Samsung Gear 360 utilises two fisheye lenses to record all 360 degrees of the location the joins the two images together to make a 360-degree image, and this process isn’t right, and any objects that are near to either of the lenses will probably appear chopped in half. This distortion can be rectified by placing any objects at least a few feet away from the camera when taking a video or photo.
- Be adventurous with new things – This kind of camera is new in the market, so people are still figuring out the best way to use it. You have to upgrade yourself to something like GorillaPod. It can use this specially designed tripods to attach the camera to a tree branch to capture a literal bird’s eye view of your family tour.
- Utilise the Delay option – This feature is specially built for Gear 360. It will not show you in front of your camera when you take a picture or shoot a video. If you don’t use this feature, then the beginning of the video will be of you carrying your device, trying to start the camera.
- Utilise the time-lapse feature – The best feature of Gear 360 degree is its time lapse feature. With this, you can record a 4k 360-degree time lapse which looks very cinematic in the right location. You have to set up your camera, put it on a tripod and let it record for at least a few minutes.
- Keep the phone steady – When you’re recording or capturing a video, keep your hands as stable as you can because with small movements while recording in 360 degrees can exaggerate the movement. So try to be as still as possible when moving with the camera and operate your tripod whenever you can.
- Get a Spacious Memory Card – You need a lot more space to share the videos you have captured using the Gear 360. You have to first transfer them to your phone so the app can do its functions. You have to use at least a 128GB or 256GB memory card that will make your camera much more pleasant to use.
- Hold the camera above your height – With the Gear 360, the camera is always capturing all around it. If you’re carrying the camera before your face, half the video will be an up-close and personal look at the side of your face. A better option is to raise the camera over your head when you capture a video, which makes the video a much better viewing experience.