The full form of PNG is Portable Network Graphics. It is among the popular picture formats. There are in total two different ways by which anyone can convert a photo into PNG format. The first one is using the image viewing program and the second one is of using file conversion sites that are present on the web.
Go through this blog carefully to know about the different methods to convert pictures into PNG format.
Here are the ways of converting an image to the PNG format
The method of converting a picture with Windows
- Firstly, go to the picture that you wish to turn into PNG by pressing File and after that Open.
- Then, search for your picture and press Open after getting it.
- Press on File, after the file gets open.
- Next, click on Save As.
- Ensure that in the next window you choose PNG from the pull-down list of formats.
- After that, press on the Save button.
Note: The compression rate needs to be put to Best.
The method of converting a picture with Mac
- Firstly, go to the picture in Preview. It can be done by making a right-click on the file. After that, click on the Open With option. Then, press on Preview.
- Next, click on File.
- After that, press on Export.
- Look at the popup window and ensure that you have chosen PNG as a file format.
- Next, if you want, then you can Rename the file and after that press on ‘Save.’
The method of converting the image over the net
If you still have not been able to convert an image, then go through the below-mentioned process and convert the image to PNG file format online:
- Firstly, choose the output format on which you would like to have your picture saved.
- Then, press ‘Select Your Image.’
- After that, move to the picture whichever you wish to convert.
- Next, click on Open.
- Remember that the picture should be having a maximum size of 24.41 MB.
- Then, agree to the terms given over there and tap on ‘Convert This Image.’
- After that, note that your picture would have been uploaded and converted.
- Next, press on ‘Download The Image.’
- Lastly, check that the PNG would have been saved to your browser’s downloads folder.
Follow the instructions mentioned in this blog and convert your images to PNG file format.
Edward Lewis is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.